Frequently Asked Questions
Please refer to the information below to find answers to our most commonly asked questions. Looking for something else? Contact your local branch and we will be happy to answer any additional questions.
Q: How do I login to online banking if I forgot my username or password?
A: The account recovery flow shown below is for users who are in an active status but have forgotten their password.
1. Select "Forgot" link on the login page.
2. Enter your tax ID number and account number.
3. Complete two-factor authentication. If you are not enrolled in two-factor authentication, you will be prompted to complete enrollment first, then complete authentication before being allowed to move to step 4.
4. Once steps 1, 2 and 3 are completed, you will be allowed to reset your password.
If your account is in a locked status, you must contact the bank at, 434-542-5111 Ext. 242, to have the account unlocked. Once the account is unlocked, a temporary password will be issued. You will be prompted to reset this password during your next login attempt.
Q: What are The Bank of Charlotte County’s hours?
A: Lobby Hours:
Monday – Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Walk-up and Drive-Thru Hours
Monday – Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
A: If you are a victim of identity theft, you should do the following immediately:
- File a police report in the jurisdiction that the crime was committed;
- Call all three national credit bureaus to place an initial fraud alert on your credit reports. The initial fraud alert will remain on your credit report for a period of 90 days (Equifax: 1-800-685-1111; Experian: 1-888-397-3742; Trans Union: 1-800-888-4213);
- Close the accounts you believe will be affected by the identity theft. We will assist you with closing your accounts with our Bank at your request and opening new accounts for you. You will be given a different account number and any automatic payment services will need to be given the new account number;
- If you receive Social Security benefits, contact the Social Security Administration Fraud Line at 1-800-269-0271;
- Change your password on our Telephone banking system by calling 1-866-593-9537;
- Contact any other financial institution with whom you have accounts.
Q: I need to send or receive a wire transfer. What do I need to do?
A: To Send a Wire:
Contact your local branch and have the following information available for the individual/company to whom the wire is being sent:
- Individual/Company’s name
- Bank name & routing number
- Account number
- Physical address
To Receive a Wire:
- Contact the wire department for instructions by calling (434) 542-5111 ext. 237
Q: What is The Bank of Charlotte County’s routing number?
A: The banks routing number is 051404752.
Q: What do I do if my ATM/Debit/Credit card is lost or stolen?
A: During regular banking hours, contact your local branch.
On holidays and weekends, call the numbers listed below:
- Lost or Stolen ATM/Debit Card - Call 1-800-554-8969 (toll free) or 614-564-5101 (outside of the U.S.)
- Lost or Stolen Credit Card - Call 1-888-611-5237 (toll free) or 571-526-3608 (outside of the U.S.)
Q: How can I check my account balance?
A: For 24-hour banking by phone, call our Telephone Banking system at 1-866-593- 9537.